Monday, March 09, 2009

Class Camp to Canvastown

On Sunday Allanah, Jenny, Paul and Mr L went to Canvastown to have a good look around the place where we are going have a class camp in week nine. Paul knew lots about the area and we went on a couple of fabulous walks that I know you will love. Here is the view down to the Wakamarina River from the track to the glow-worm walk. It looks magnificent.
Wakamarina is an old gold mining town. Paul taught us how to pan for gold and any gold we find we get to keep. How cool is that! This is an old goldmining mill wheel.
If you are in Moturoa class write a comment on this post telling us how you feel about going on camp to get a golden reward! Remember to write your first name to tell us who you are when you write it.

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hello Moturoa (class)
I feel soooooooo excited about going to Canvastown for half the week. I hope nobody is away for it.
From Olivia

Moturoa said...

Well done Olivia. You will be the first to get a golden reward for you comments.

Allanah K

Anonymous said...

I am not in Moturoa but I wish I was going to camp with you! I took my class to Canvastown for a camp a few years ago and we had the coolest time!
There is something fantastic in a long dark cave that I know you will all really love!!!! It is just the best!


Raewyn

Anonymous said...

I feel good about going on camp but one thing I'm not looking forward to is the big mosquitoes.
Georgia

Anonymous said...

miss K I am so happy to go on camp it is going to be so so so cool.





by ysobella.

Anonymous said...

Im sooooooooooooo looking forwad to go on camp
Georgia.

Anonymous said...

Hi
I can't wait untill I strike gold in canvastown. I'm going to be rich.
From Tullamore

Anonymous said...

i CARNT waight intill motour class gets to go to canvastown. i just carnt waight. by skye.

Anonymous said...

hello. I feel really excited and nervous too because it will be my first camp, but it will be really cool to explore Canvastown!!!!

From Jordy

Anonymous said...

I can't wait to go on camp. It's going to be so much fun.

From Caleb

Anonymous said...

I can not wait to find a pound block of GOLD!!!!!!





George

Kieran's blog (beta) said...

Man it will be fun I am not to sure about the sandflies

Kieran