Wednesday, November 25, 2009

Solar System Scale Model

I hope you are being good when I'm away. This web site has really got me humming. It is a web site of our solar system made to scale. The idea is that you start at the sun and scroll to the right until you find our planets.
That's all very easy, I hear you say, as you know the order of the planets already! BUT this model is drawn to scale which means that the size of the planets are drawn in the right proportion- including the distance from the sun. If you go too far or too fast you will miss the planets all together. And Pluto is so tiny and far away it is almost not there at all.

Try it and let me know in the comments how you get on! I just found this little audio widget that records what you say. We might use this one some more to record our voices.



Allanah K

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Shaun
Allanah it took a looooooong time !!
It was mint :)