Monday, October 18, 2010

QR Codes

Over the weekend I learnt how to make QR codes. QR codes are sort of like bar codes but they can hold more information. I have seen them in art galleries and museums and on packing boxes and always wondered what they were about.

The idea is that if you have a QR code reader on your phone you take a photo of the code and it will lead you to a website with more information about our class. If you want to find out more about QR codes read here.

Here is our QR code on the classroom window so if you are walking by with your web enabled phone and a QR reader you could give it a try. It is way cool. A chocolate fish is on the way if you tell me what the code leads to in the comments.

Allanah

6 comments:

Melville Intermediate, Hamilton said...

Haven't heard of this before but I think its a great idea, so I will use the resource to create something new for the classroom. Its kind of like the barcodes in the Supermarket. Isnt it.
Mr Webb and Room 8, Melville Intermediate, Hamilton, Waikato.

Anonymous said...

it leads to our blog site
Sam

Anonymous said...

How cool is that? "It's a Book"!

MrsE said...

Hi from Canada. I was able to take a shot of your QR code with my cellphone from the photo on your website. Love your k12 online presentation!

Ashley said...

I really like this idea - great use of QR codes!

Anonymous said...

Hi from Australia... found your qr code when I was looking to find some ideas for my classroom :)